Monday, January 2, 2012

Month 1



I have finished the first month of my new diet. My total weight loss for the month was 16 pounds.

I'm pretty pleased with that number. I think I could have lost more, but the month had some major challenges. My grandmother died and I fell into the habit of emotional eating that week, and then there was Christmas. The scale showed an 8 pound gain after three days of holiday eating. I know most of that was water weight and it came off fast. The Monday after Christmas I weighed in at 268 and today one week later I weigh 259. So I not only lost the Christmas pounds but lost an additional 2 pounds this week. yay!

The most exciting thing about this week for me is knowing that I was able to splurge on the holiday but get myself right back on track. A few bad days doesn't mean I give up anymore. I am in control of me.

I felt really lousy for the first few days after Christmas. I felt completely run down, moody, and achy. Now that all of the junk I ate is out of my system,I feel great. I'm feeling happy and energetic. That alone makes me want to stay on plan. So far Atkins is definitely working for me.






2 comments:

  1. Thats awesome!!! Tomorrow is my official start day. I hope I can keep to what I have planned for myself. I thought that I would do the South Beach Diet, but I am pretty much convinced that I am able to have a few good carbs and lose weight. Thats how I lost the first 9 lbs anyway lol. I have a few challenges coming up with my friend having a birthday and Rob's birthday later this month, but if I think about it like that every month has some sort of challenge lol. I also start back at the gym tomorrow so that should help too. Keep up the great work!!! I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing loss for a month. Keep up the great work and never let the numbers make you give up!

    ReplyDelete