Sunday, December 18, 2011

week 3 and counting

I had a great week! I lost 4 more pounds for a total of 15 pounds lost. I worked out consistently and drank all my water everyday. I've lost and inch off my hips, 1/2 inch off my thighs, and 1/2 inch off my upper arms. I'm feeling great!

The biggest change this week is that I decided to do the full Atkins plan and started the induction phase. This means keeping my total net carbs to 20 per day. The major benefit of induction is that it really stops your cravings and decreases your appetite. Because I have a lot to lose I plan on staying on extended induction until I get much closer to my goal weight. I'm not having any problems finding things I enjoy eating and so far I haven't really been tempted to cheat. Last night we all went to the movies and I got a bottled water while everyone else ordered popcorn, candy, and giant sodas. The weird thing was I was ok with it. It didn't make me feel mad or cheated. I fact I felt empowered because I knew I was in control of my own choices.
Hoping the coming week goes as well.

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing!! I am so proud you! I on the other hand found the 4 pounds you lost hiding in my under belly lol. I took the entire week off. I plan to start fresh again tomorrow. I knew this time of year would be hard for me so i'm not beating myself up but I plan on kicking it into gear with all the other resolution makers!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This time of year is really hard! You'll do great after all your social obligations slow down Ms.Popularity.
    I figure if I can lose during this season I can totally do this the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete