Tuesday, December 13, 2011

There are muscles under there

I've been working out really hard the last few days and I woke up this morning feeling it in just about every major muscle in my body. It's been a while since I've had that sore muscle feeling. It certainly didn't feel good, but it was a good feeling to know that deep down under all that fat good things are happening.

The best part about my workouts is that it's a part of the day where I can tune everything else out and just focus on me for an hour. I didn't realize how much I needed that. Like most mothers and wives most of my days are spent with nearly all of my focus on my family and our home, laundry, meals,bills, and so on and so on. This whole process requires me to intentionally spend time each day focusing on me, my health, and my emotions. I just have to keep in mind that the time I spend on me only benefits my family.

My diet has been good the past several days too. I've stayed within my target range for calories and carbs, and I've been doing it in a way that doesn't leave me feeling deprived. Tonight I stayed away from the Chili that I had fixed for the rest of my family and made myself French Onion Soup and a salad. The soup was super easy and tasted really good. I just caramelized 1 onion, added 1 tbs. of Worcester sauce, and a can of beef broth. Because I'm doing a low carb diet I skipped the crouton and melted a slice of Swiss Cheese on a saucer in the microwave and then placed that on the top of my cup of soup.
This made two servings. Each serving only has 129 calories,8 grams of fat, and 4.6 net carbs.
I'm looking forward to having the rest for lunch tomorrow.
This is the second new recipe I have tried this week. The other was a low carb substitute for Mac and cheese made with cauliflower. It was really good too! So I've already met my goal for this week to try different foods.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your workouts! I have yet to incorporate that into my day, but I will get there hopefully!! You need to share the mac and cheese recipe please!!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete