Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Resolutions

I have never actually accomplished any New Years Resolution that I have ever set. In fact, for the past several years I didn't even set any goals. I got tired of failing. In theory, I like the concept of New Years resolutions. It gives people the opportunity to step back and assess their lives, think about whats working in their life, and make vows to change the things that are holding us back.
Everyone starts off with the best of intentions, but soon life gets in the way, the enthusiasm fades, failure seems eminent, and we give up.

My resolution this year is to lose weight, and more specifically get below 200 lbs.

So what is going to make this year different?

1. I have set myself up for success.(I have a plan, a gym membership, a support system, and accountability.)

2.I'm being honest with myself. (I'm facing my issues with body and food head on. No more blaming or excuses.)

3. I forgive myself. (I forgive myself for being fat and for the times I will stumble.)

4. It's no longer optional. (If I don't change this now when will I ever? My happiness and my health are at stake.)

How about you? Whats your resolution and what makes this year different?

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you because I know you are going to do this! I don't think I have ever seen you this motivated.

    My resolution will be the same as it is every year...lose weight, but you ask what makes this year different? I see my goal weight ans it seems so possible! I have 53 lbs to lose to get to my goal and another 10 to get to my dream goal lol. I am like you, if I don't do it now when will I? What's great is that I have you to motivate me! I miss you and love you! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete