Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holidays

This will be a short post because like most people I'm super busy doing lots of things I should have done weeks ago. Today I have cleaned my house for company that will be here tomorrow, went grocery shopping for a Christmas eve dinner I am preparing, wrapped presents, and made cookies with my daughter. I am exhausted! After such a busy day today, I was starving on my way home from the grocery store this evening. I was so tempted to stop at McDonald's and get a cheeseburger and fry. After a long good angel/bad angel discussion with myself I did stop at McDonalds but I ordered a salad with grilled chicken instead. I'm always proud of myself when I overcome those moments of temptation.

I've been good all week knowing that Christmas will be my undoing. I don't plan on going crazy; I'm going to eat the things I enjoy the most with moderation. I know one of my biggest challenges will be the pressure I feel from others. Food is sort of like alcohol; when other people are are indulging they want you to join them. They try to convince you that one day won't hurt, that you deserve it. I also don't want to seem rude to family who have spent so much time preparing the food.

The important thing will be to enjoy that day and then put it behind me and get right back on track Monday morning.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment